Once you have this you might just want to have it every night.. Which is ok because it is super healthy & easy to make! Because what’s a girl to do when she wants a delicious dinner and is limited on time? Crank up the broiler! If you never use the broiler on your oven.. make tonight the night that you start. It gets things cooked fast, while maintaining the flavor and juiciness, and cooking the top of food to make it nice and crispy. I whipped this up in no time at all and it is heaven on a plate. I served this dish with broccoli and quinoa mixed with a little parmesan cheese. It would be great with any veggies, side salad, or grains!
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (note: if chickens are thicker, I slice them lengthwise to help them cook evenly)
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, greek yogurt, lemon juice, & spices. Mix well & set aside.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer on the prepared pan. Lightly season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Broil a few inches from the broiler for 4-5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and broil for 3-4 more minutes, until mostly cooked through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread an equal amount of the Parmesan mixture over the top of each chicken breast. Broil for another 2-3 minutes until the topping is golden and bubbly and the chicken is completely cooked through.