Spinach & Ground Turkey Zucchini Ravioli
I like to hunt around for different ideas of how to satisfy my inner carb-lover without blowing up my eating plan. So I stumbled upon these babies and I was sold on making them (I adapted this recipe from Cindy Larkin’s recipe here!) I apologize for the lack of step-by-step pictures, I was at my family’s home for the weekend and there was just way too much going on– you know, kids running around screaming, tears, a creepy halloween mask even made an appearance at one point, etc. all around the kitchen island– and so I forgot to grab my phone for pics! Plus I had turkey mixture all over my hands.. Hey good news though, this meal is DAD APPROVED! My dad sat there watching me very skeptically as I was preparing this and after it was made he was so impressed with how good these ravioli were! His response was actually “Wow, these are really good.. And you’re telling me these are healthy??” Yes!! Yummy and healthy!! It is possible!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. of salt & pepper (and any other seasoning you would like)
- 4 Zucchinis
- Organic tomato marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 large onion (finely chopped)
1. Slice zucchini with peeler & set aside strips
2. Mix turkey, spinach, garlic, basil, & onion together in a bowl. Then saute until meat is cooked through.
3. Assemble zucchini strips with 2 lying vertical and 2 lying horizontally intersecting in the middle. Then in each, scoop 2 tbsp of turkey mixture, sprinkle cheese on top of mixture, and wrap up “ravioli”. Then lie it seam side down on the baking sheet.
4. Top with marinara and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
5. Pull out of the oven & allow to cool, then add more marinara & serve