Turkey, quinoa, corn, beans & peppers.. oh my. This recipe doesn’t take more than 40 minutes to make, and because I wound up with 8 peppers, I don’t have to think twice about hassling with dinner this week! Score! I got all of my ingredients from trader joe’s and cheated in that I got the frozen pre-made quinoa, “reduced guilt” guacamole, and some mild pico.. but hey, I’m all about making things as easy as possible! I hope that you love this simple, easy recipe as much as I do!
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup quinoa
- extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- pepper & salt (to your liking)
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4 bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- Topping ideas: guacamole & pico d
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut peppers in half & remove seeds, then brush lightly with olive oil or avocado oil.
- Place peppers in 9×13 pan & set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet. Then add ground turkey & saute until fully cooked.
- Add in onion & cook for 2-3 minutes, then add in garlic & cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, corn, beans, quinoa, tomatoes, & seasonings. Cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from heat & add in quinoa, lime juice, & cilantro. Mix it all up!
- Stuff peppers with filling & cover with aluminum foil. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, remove foil, & add cheese on top of peppers. Bake 5 more minutes uncovered.