If you are looking for a clean, wholesome, delicious salad.. look no further. I mean this salad was BOMB. I had only gotten one hour of sleep the night before too, so I was in need of something easy to make and idiot-proof because my brain was not functioning properly. Highly recommend this one!!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 cup quinoa
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1 bartlett pear
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until all water is absorbed (about 10-15 minutes). When done, the grain should appear soft and translucent and the germ ring will be visible along the outside edge of grain.
- Preheat broiler to high. Place foil onto baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, oil and pepper. Rub mixture onto chicken and transfer sheet. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside and juices run clear. Transfer to a cutting board, allow to cool slightly and slice against the grain.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing in a small blender or food processor.
- Add quinoa to plates of spinach, then add pear slices and dressing. Add chicken and cheese to each plate.